You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum has been replaced by community.chakralinux.org. No new registrations, topics, or replies can be made here. Read this for more information.

#1 2017-05-22 16:47:22

dhrac

Installation stops due to python problem | pacman | octopi

Hi Chakra community,

i am quite new to Chakra Linux and love the live system so far. I wanted to install it on my Lenovo Yoga 2 today but everytime i tried (4 times, two times with german settings, one with english and one with french for replication), i got this error message:

KhO4gy8.jpg

I am not a coder and don´t have any idea what this is about so i leave it here.

I hope that someone can fix this or give me a hint how i can work around this problem.

Thanks and cheers

dhrac

Last edited by dhrac (2017-05-22 17:01:39)

#2 2017-05-22 17:25:27

brikler

Re: Installation stops due to python problem | pacman | octopi

i suppose the core system is installed.
if you are experienced enough you can bring the installation to an end by chroot the system but i don't know when the installation was interrupt and what additional packages are needed…

the simplest of all solution is use a older installation media.
after installation a simple pacman -Syu brings it up to date.

#3 2017-05-22 19:44:42

dhrac

The base system might be installed but GRUB wasn´t so the system did not boot after "installation".

Whatever the case, the 8th installation try did work and Chakra is installed now. I have no idea what did the trick so i leave this error message here for the developers, maybe it is of value. smile

Last edited by dhrac (2017-05-22 19:45:19)

#4 2017-05-26 21:11:25

tetris4
Communicator
Website

Hi dhrac and welcome to Chakra! smile Am glad you finally made it work. I hope your installation is working fine so far and you are enjoying our distro!

We will have to have a bit more info in order to troubleshoot this. As this hasn't been reported from anyone else regarding the current ISO, I would consider it a unique case.

Board footer